This policy is to help you understand what information we (Bowlyn Style Ltd) collect, how we use it and what choices you have about it. This is to address some new European privacy rules (which apply to users within and outside of the EU).
As we are an Internet company, some of the concepts below are a little technical, but we have tried our best to explain things in a simple and clear way. We would like to reassure you that we only use your information where we have a proper legal basis for doing so.
We collect information in a number of different ways:
Thorn & Field have a number of social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. Your consent to share information on these websites is covered by their own Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policies
- When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it
When you register on the Thorn & Field website www.thornandfield.com, you give us certain information voluntarily. This includes your name, address, email address, phone number and any other information you give us.
If you buy something on www.thornandfield.com, we will collect contact information (address, delivery address and phone number) and details of what you bought. We will communicate order information with you primarily via email and sometimes by phone.
Your payment information is gathered at a checkout portal which is operated and secured by Paypal.
Paypal is a 3D-Secure authentication managing the interaction between your card issuing bank and you.
Any cardholder information sent to the bank and any authorisation message coming back is secure and cannot be tampered with, the information remains with the bank and Bowlyn Style Ltd have no access to this sensitive data.
- We also get technical information when you use www.thornandfield.com
Whenever you use a website, mobile application or other Internet service, certain information is created and logged automatically. The same is true when you use www.thornandfield.com. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
- Log data. When you use www.thornandfield.com, our servers record information (“log data”), including information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit a website, or that your mobile app automatically sends when you’re using it. This log data includes your Internet Protocol address.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we collect information about the device you’re using to access our website, including type of device, operating system, settings, unique device identifiers and crash data that helps us understand when something breaks. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
- Third party analytical tools
We use a tool called “Google Analytics” to collect information about use of this site. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit this site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what products they searched for.
We use the information we get from Google Analytics only to improve this site. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit this site, rather than your name or other identifying information. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information.
- Social Media
Thorn and Field have a number of social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Your consent to share information on these websites is covered by their own Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policies
- Choices you have about your information
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices regarding your information. You may at any time email us a request to delete your account.
- How long do we keep your information
Your information will remain registered with Bowlyn Style Ltd for as long as you wish. Upon request we will remove from our files, your information or any specific item which would identify you uniquely.