Terms & Conditions
Ordering & Shipping
UK Delivery £9.50: Your order will be delivered by courier service within 7 working days of your order being placed. Due to the high value of the goods that we sell the courier must record a name and signature as the proof of delivery for all orders. This means we are unable to authorise the courier to leave packages without recording a signature. We will email you to confirm our date of dispatch.
All transactions are processed over a secure check-out through our Paypal account at Bowlyn Style Ltd. If you do not have a Paypal account you can use the secure Paypal check-out system and pay with your Visa, MasterCard, Delta, and Maestro credit and debit cards.
Our Returns Policy:
Returns must be made within 14 days of requesting and receiving our agreement for a return.
All returns must be in perfect re-saleable condition, and come with their original packaging. We are unable to accept returns on items that are scratched, damaged (which includes the soles of shoes), or that are not returned in their undamaged original packaging. If the boots are not returned in re-saleable condition, they items will be returned to you, and at your own cost.
If you think your boots may be leaking, please read this page Do my Wellington Boots Leak? before contacting us.
Requesting a Return:
We hope you will be delighted with your purchases but we understand that sometimes items do not suit, are the wrong colour, or do not fit. Please email: email@example.com if you wish to arrange an exchange or return. Please note: free returns are only available for faulty items or where the wrong item has been delivered to you. The initial postage and packaging charge is only refundable for faulty goods, goods not as described, incorrect orders, or orders cancelled within 2 days.
The T&F Warranty:
We guarantee your Thorn and Field boots for 12 months from the date of purchase. Your boots will withstand general wear and tear, and are covered against manufacturing defects. Care of your boots is described on the hang-tag which is attached to the boots when they are sent to you, it is important to follow this guidance. If you do find a fault or have a reason for complaint, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The boot is a slim, contoured fit, the shearling lining providing snug cushioning throughout. Please allow for clothing such as trousers and jeans when measuring for your boots.
UK Ladies size 4 EU 37 – opening at top 40cm
UK Ladies size 5 EU 38 – opening at top 41cm
UK Ladies size 6 EU 39 – opening at top 42cm
UK Ladies size 7 EU 40 – opening at top 43cm
UK Ladies size 8 EU 42 – opening at top 44cm
Height from insole 36cm, height from floor 39cm
- Remove boots with care by pulling from the heel to release your foot. This will help to prevent breaking stitches in the sheepskin boot which lines the wellington.
- Clean the outside of your boots with luke warm, soapy water.
- Do not use solvents, and do not machine wash or tumble dry.
- Store in a cool dry room away from artificial heat and sunlight, and do not store folded or creased.
- The Merino wool shearling lining may occasionally retain a little moisture absorbed through perspiration, remove the insole and allow to air.
Using the Website
1. Welcome to ThornandField.com (the “Website”). There are a few rules which our visitors must follow when using this Website, so we ask all our visitors to read our Terms and Conditions of Use carefully
2. This Website is brought to you by Bowlyn Style Ltd (“Bowlyn Style”, or “we” or “us”) and all rights, including copyright, in the content of the Website is owned or controlled by BOWLYN Style
3. BOWLYN Style and its affiliates provide access to the Website and sell its products to you subject to the Terms and Conditions of Use set out on this page and the Terms and Conditions of Sale which can be found here.
4. If you have any comments or queries relating to this Website, please use our Contact Us pages.
What do I agree to by entering the Website?
5. You are invited to use the Website on the basis of the Terms and Conditions of Use set out below.
6. By entering the Website and using its Features (as defined below) you are deemed to have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions of Use or any part of them, you should not enter or use the Website.
7. BOWLYN Style may modify or update these Terms and Conditions of Use from time to time. If you continue to use this Website after any changes, this means you agree to be bound by the modified Terms and Conditions of Use.
8. The Website may offer the following features to you: purchase of products, competitions, prize draws, newsletters, video clips, downloading of screensavers, desktops and sound files (the “Features”).Conditions of Using Features on the Website
9. You agree to use the Features on the Website in good faith and in the spirit in which they are made available to you. In particular you agree:
10. Not to send or resend any content which is obscene or vulgar, offensive, abusive, harmful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, discriminatory, in breach of confidence, in breach of or invasive of another’s privacy, racially or ethically or religiously insulting or otherwise unlawful;
11. Not to use Features on the Website for any purpose which would be considered a criminal offence, or give rise to civil liability or which is or may be damaging to the rights or interests of any user or other third party in any country in the world;
12. Not to post or transmit material on the Website which is technically harmful (e.g. computer viruses, corrupted data, Trojans, worms or any other harmful software or data);
13. If you or any other party has any issues or concerns with the content of any communications generated via the Website, please contact the Website moderator as soon as possible; and
14. All Features will be used entirely at your own risk and BOWLYN Style accepts no responsibility for any losses or consequences suffered by you or a third party as a result of your use of the Website.
15. If BOWLYN Style is informed or has any reason to believe that any of the Features on our Website are being used by a user other than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of Use, BOWLYN Style reserves the right to suspend or permanently prevent access by the user to the Features and shall have no liability to the user whatsoever in such event.
Access to the Website
16. We will do our utmost to ensure uninterrupted availability of the Website and that transmissions will be without errors. However, due to the nature of the Internet, this cannot be guaranteed. It is your responsibility to evaluate the information and content provided on the Website. Your access to the Website may also be occasionally suspended or restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance, or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to limit the frequency and duration of any such suspension or restriction.
Licence for Website Access
17. BOWLYN Style grants you a limited licence to access and make personal non-commercial use of this Website. The licence does not allow you to download, extract or re-utilise (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent of BOWLYN Style. This licence expressly prohibits:
- any resale or commercial use of this Website or its contents;
- any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices;
- any derivative use of this Website or its contents;
- any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant;
- any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
18. This Website or any portion of this Website may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without BOWLYN Style express written consent.
19. You may not frame or use similar techniques to enclose any trade mark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of BOWLYN Style and its affiliates. You may not use any meta tags or any other ‘hidden text’ utilising BOWLYN or its affiliates’ names or trademarks. Any unauthorised use terminates the permission or licence granted by BOWLYN Style.
20. You may not use any logo or trade mark which is featured on the Website or other proprietary graphic or trade mark as part of the link without our express written consent.
21. You may not use this Website, or any of the material appearing on the Website from time to time to further any commercial purpose, including (but not limited to) selling on of any products purchased from the Website to eBay or any other auction site advertising or to promote or encourage traffic to any other website.
22. Any use of the Website or extracts of the Website other than in accordance with this clause 6 is strictly prohibited.
Links To and From Other Websites
23. The Website may contain links to third party websites and, likewise, third party websites may contain links to the Website. BOWLYN Style is not responsible for the availability of, or any content or material contained in, or obtained through, any such third party websites, nor does BOWLYN recommend, endorse or accept responsibility for the content of any third party websites. If you decide to access any third party website linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk. Any questions or comments relating to third party websites should be addressed directly to the operator of those third party websites.
24. You may not include a link to this Website or display any of its contents, in any format, in any other website without BOWLYN Styles written consent. Such consent, if given, may be withdrawn, without notice, at any time and in this event you must remove the relevant link and/or content within 24 hours.
26. BOWLYN Style makes every effort to ensure that the content of the Website is accurate and up-to-date, but BOWLYN does not offer any warranties (whether express, implied or otherwise) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of the information appearing on the Website.
Intellectual Property Rights
27. All content and compilation of such content together with all software included on the Website, including without limitation text, graphics, logos, button icons, images and software, is the property of BOWLYN Style or its subsidiaries, its affiliates or its content suppliers and is protected by UK, European and International laws.
28. You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, rights in data, databases, trade marks, names, images, logos and other intellectual property rights in the Website content, software and all HTML and other code involved in this Website (“Intellectual Property Rights”) shall remain at all times vested in BOWLYN Style and that these are protected by copyright and other laws and international treaty provisions.
29. You may not create and/or publish your own database which features substantial (e.g. our prices and product listings) parts of this Website.
30. You may not, other than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of Use, modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, redistribute, transfer, or sell in whole or in part, the Website or any of the Intellectual Property Rights relating thereto, without first obtaining written permission from BOWLYN Style to do so.
31. Nothing contained in this Website shall be construed as conferring by implication or otherwise any licence or right to use any of the Intellectual Property Rights displayed or subsisting on or in this Website other than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Limitation of Liability
32. The Internet is by its nature an unreliable medium. Consequently, you accept that this Website is offered on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
33. While BOWLYN Style takes all reasonable steps to ensure that the Website is properly functioning at all times, BOWLYN Style does not warrant that this Website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this Website or the server that makes it available are free of software viruses or bugs or other defects.
34. BOWLYN Style has no control over, and disclaims all responsibility for, any content you encounter, or events which may occur as a result of your use of the Features and BOWLYN shall not be liable for any damages or other losses of any type whatsoever incurred by you as a result of your use of the Website or the Features.
35. BOWLYN Style shall not be liable to you for any loss or damage you suffer as a result of visiting this Website or making use of the Features or information available on the Website. You must take your own precautions (including, but not limited to, installing adequate protective measures to guard against software viruses and ensuring that you retain up-to-date copies of all data) to protect yourself against loss or damage.
36. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions of Use shall exclude or limit the Company’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence or fraud or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter or any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
BOWLYN Style Whole Agreement and Governing Law
37. Your use of the Website, any purchase by you on the Website of any products and these Terms and Conditions of Use will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and will be deemed to have occurred in England.
38. By accepting these Terms and Conditions of Use and using the Website, you accept that any dispute under these Terms and Conditions of Use or arising out of use of the Website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts except that, to the extent you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate BOWLYN Style intellectual property rights, BOWLYN may seek injunctive or other appropriate relief in any court in any country in the world, and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction of such courts. By using this Website you hereby submit to the jurisdiction of such courts for such purposes and waive any and all objections to jurisdiction or venue in such courts.
39. If any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions of Sale are deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining conditions.
40. Registered Office: c/o George Weil & Sons Ltd, Old Portsmouth Road, Peasmarsh, Guildford, Surrey, GU3 1LZ | Registration no: 07733456 | VAT No: GB106039252